Karen's End of Season Summary 2009


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I thoroughly enjoyed racing my Subaru Impreza WRX in the Subaru Cup/Nippon Challenge this season. Although there were some races I didn't compete at due to damage to my car and unforseen financial constraints.

Some bizarre and unfortunate incidents like a black flag for a minor wardrobe malfunction at Pembrey (Whilst 2nd in the Subaru Cup!) and a spin on oil at snetterton, meant I missed out on more podium opportunities. At least I didn't suffer any real mechanical problems like many of my fellow racers.

The car ran pretty much faultlessly and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Graham and Alix at XSpec Motorsport fo their sponsorship, support and friendship. Thanks also to my sponsors Opie Oils and SFS Performance silicon hoses for essential items at a special reduced rate.

I'm really looking forward to racing in the Subaru Cup/Nippon Challenge against all my friends again next year. I intend to improve upon my lap times and finishing positions whilst continuing to have fun!

Best wishes,
Karen.
x

Nippon Challenge 2009 from Richard Senter on Vimeo.


0 Responses to “Karen's End of Season Summary 2009”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About Karen Phillips

  • Karen races her Impreza WRX in the Classic and Sports Car Club (CSCC) Modern Classics series, with her husband Richard as a 2nd Driver. The races are mini-endurance events involving a driver-swap. Karen has previously raced in the Nippon Challenge, a race series for Japanese and Asian cars. Karen has been racing since 2006, having started in the MR2 Challenge.
  • Please check this site regularly for updates on Karen's progress through the season and developments with her race car.

Contact Karen

Previous posts

Archives

Karen's On-Line Store

Image Galleries

Links

Karen's Sponsors