Karen's End of Season Summary 2007


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




The season started well at Snetterton with separate grids for the Mk1 and Mk2 cars, and at one point in the first race I was in 5th place! As the following races returned to mixed grids it was tricky chasing places whilst avoiding the lapping Mk2’s and their slower cousins with their sometimes erratic cornering.

My results this year have been adversely affected by the actions of other drivers. One in particular managed to cause a lot of damage and my only DNF so far, and in a later race sent me spinning off track again after side-swiping me on a straight! (And they say its women that can’t drive).

Despite this, my results have improved over last year and I’ve achieved many new personal best times at each circuit visited. I was delighted to receive the “MR2 Challenge Most Improved Driver 2007” trophy at the end of the season.

I would like to thank my sponsors Rogue Motorsport, who helped out with a suspension problem and provided me with a set of the fantastic CarboTech brake pads. MR2 Only magazine have kindly detailed my exploits throughout the year and I’ve been proud to carry their graphics on the car. Thanks also to Tim Cartledge who travelled a great distance and worked very hard to change the car's clutch. My friends David, Darren and Lance have also helped with the various repairs required. Of course, a big thank you to my long-suffering husband, Richard.

I’ll soon be revealing my plans for racing next year, so please keep visiting this site for more info.

Karen.
x


0 Responses to “Karen's End of Season Summary 2007”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About Karen Phillips

  • Karen races her Impreza WRX in the Classic and Sports Car Club (CSCC) Modern Classics series, with her husband Richard as a 2nd Driver. The races are mini-endurance events involving a driver-swap. Karen has previously raced in the Nippon Challenge, a race series for Japanese and Asian cars. Karen has been racing since 2006, having started in the MR2 Challenge.
  • Please check this site regularly for updates on Karen's progress through the season and developments with her race car.

Contact Karen

Previous posts

Archives

Karen's On-Line Store

Image Galleries

Links

Karen's Sponsors